Friday, January 13, 2012

Learning to Forgive after Domestic Violence

I had some exciting news yesterday m when I found out that the Postive Outlook facebook page which has over 680,000 followers posted my story.

I'm including the link here.  It includes some of my previous Forgiveness post and additional details of my actual abuse.

Postive Outlook Story.  Learning to Forgive after Domestic Violence

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/positive-outlooks/learning-to-forgive-after-domestic-violence/311067652269272

I was touched and saddened by all the comments.  But as many of the women stated, "We are Survivors."

Take care,
D

9 comments:

  1. We are not survivors... WE ARE THRIVERS. Never forget that!

    Much love to you and yours!

    http://wiccanwoman.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/love-is-genderless-and-abuse-is-genderless/

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I have added you to my blog-roll. Namaste.

    http://wiccanwoman.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage and strength. Your words will be of tremendous comfort and support to all those women out there who are suffering at the hands of violent men, but may not as yet have found the courage to speak out.

    Good luck to you and your son for a happy peaceful future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your story...All I have to say is, I am a survivor to.

    Wish you all the luck and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wiccanwoman, you are so right! We are Thrivers! I suffered from depression for years and had learned to practice gratitude, ran and exercised for my mental health. But it wasn't until going through this challenge, that I started to understand more about myself and begin to learn more about spirituality, harmony with nature, and letting go. This has definitely been a growing experience, and I am going to come out on the other side as a much stronger and wiser person.

    Ayak and Sahira, thank you so much for your comments. I hope my story helps a few people in some positive way.

    Take care and love you guys!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your voice is an inspiration to all of us. Keep sharing.

    Lioness- New Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad to have you here.

      Take care,
      D

      Delete
  7. Your courage to admit at all, is admirable. And, your story is an inspiration.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Geca for your comments. Have a wonderful day!

      Take care,
      D

      Delete